Friday, August 9, 2013

Episode One - Mystery of MissingNo - Part one


Session One



Sam: if I haven't mentioned it, by the way, Emily's lab sits on the path between Saffron and Lavender in Kanto. It's not particularly well-known, but it seems that Jim and Emily have had contact before that she'd invite him around

James: k. And sure. I figure he's sort of a go to guy for some of the professor's in the region so she'd probably have been introduced to him by say Oak.

Sam: sure, they've met, they've mingled. And been invited now to check out something Emily's not even sure she can describe properly

Sam: Emily's been running around all day, sent Maya out to pick up some snacks, fussing with tablecloths in the more "homey conference" and lobby area of the lab, all the science in the back. Waiting for the arrival of her two guests, and calling to her assistant, "Maya, you're wearing your clean lab coat, aren't you?"

James: There was a ringing of the doorbell to Emily's lab.

Sam: No time to wait for an answer, Emily heads to answer the buzzer with a smile. "I'm so glad you could make it. Come on in."

James: Jim smiled as he stepped inside. A squirrel-like creature on his shoulder hopped from it to Emily's chattering away a bit before jumping down to the floor. "Good to see you Emily," Jim said, "you look even more beautiful since the last time I saw you."

Sam: "Oh don't," Emily laughs and strokes the pokemon's head. "Be careful there, I do have breakables in here." Emily offers to take his coat, and leads him to a conference room, all set up with refreshments and chairs. "How have you been, what are you working on these days?

James: "Thank you," he said as she took his coat. "Not much at the moment actually," Jim admitted, taking a seat. "I finished exploring a cave up in Mt. Moon a few weeks back for Professor Oak. Since then I've just been taking a break."

Sam: "Well, you're going to love this," she says, teasingly almost. "I've asked my intern to have a look as well, I just can't let her pass up the opportunity. I've never seen anything like it."

James: "Really?" he replies, his interest obviously piqued.

Sam: "Believe me, I wish I could say much more. The trainer ought to be here soon. But please, make yourself at home."

Don: "Yeah, really, she has an intern," Maya says as she enters the room, drinking some tea.

James: "Hello." Jim smiles as he stands. "I don't believe we've met. Jim Colorado." He offers a hand as he looks her over.

Don: "Maya Walken. Nice to meet ya," she answers and shakes his hand. "Welcome to the Nut Hatch."

James: "Nut Hatch?" he glaces over at Emily.

Sam: "Don't ask me," Emily sighs a little bit but she's in such good spirits. "Maya, Jim's been doing research in the field for years. He's seen some remarkable things."

Don: "I bet he has," she says slyly

James: "I've done some impressive things too," he replies with a bit of a cocky smile.

Sam: "Maya's on loan to us from the university in Saffron," Emily explains.

James: "That's cool. You're building quite a little team for yourself."

Sam: "Oh, we're still a small operation. It's just the two of us, and two other part-timers. Frankly, my Vulpix works harder than Ryan does.”

James: "I'm sure even the best Pokemon professors started small."

Sam: There's a small knock at the door, and a human-sized puffball of a pokemon lets itself in, carrying a small tray with new treats, that make Jim's Pachirisu's nose twitch.( http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/audino.jpg ).

"Oh, thank you Audie, you can just set those down here," Emily beams, and Audino beams back and helps itself to one of the treats

James: "Thanks," Jim tells Audie as well before taking a treat. His Pachirisu looks up at them with puppy-dog eyes. "Okay Flash, just one," Jim says.

"Pii!" it declares before grabbing one of the treats and hopping up into a nearby empty chair.

Sam: "She's come all the way from Unova, you know," Emily smiles proudly. "Stowed away on a ship, so determined to learn. Of course, she got to this coast and couldn't figure out where to go next....I found her out on one of the beaches near Vermillion."

James: "That's impressive," Jim replies. "I haven't seen one since I was at a Pokemon center in Unova. About three years ago I guess. How does she get along with the others?"

Sam: "Oh, she's great. She does a marvelous job keeping track of all of us. Running errands, cleaning up, she's a great pair of hands."

James: "That's good. I'll have to make sure to keep an eye on Flash while we're here. Keep him away from your Squirtle, especially after what happened last time."

Sam: "It's nothing we couldn't fix right up," Emily waves his concerns away, and standsu p to fix herself a plate of food. "Of course, you could stand to keep a more careful eye on him...but it's no problem. Now go on, what were you looking at in Mount Moon? I'm hearing there's some fascinating findings out there lately."

James: "Some new information about Clefairies," he tells her. "They've been acting strange lately. I mean stranger than usual," he chuckles. "Rumors about them building something and being spotted in larger groups than normal. I wasn't able to find out much unfortunately. I did find a nice bunch of moon stones though."

Sam: "Huh...I may have to check that out soon. I just wish it weren't so far away."

Audino has taken a seat at the other side of the table near Maya, munching happily and turning to offer her one of the pokemon treats

Don: Maya will take some food and refill her cup of tea, and just sort of listen to their easy patter, humming to herself

James: "Well... I did bring one of the moon stones for you," he replies with a smile heading over to his backpack and pulling it out. "Grabbed a few of them while I was there and gave the rest to Oak."

Sam: "Oh, that's a lovely thought but I don't know what use I have for it," She tries to decline the gift, a shining, softly pink gemstone

James: "Take it anyways," he tells her. "I don't need it and you might find some sciency use for it eventually."

Don: "It'd make a neat necklace at least, boss."

Sam: "You take it," Emily passes the stone to Maya. "You deserve a few real perks. I know it's not all that eventful working here."

Don: "Sure, what the heck. Maybe I can make a charm bracelet or something."

Sam: "I am starting to take on a little more, that's why we did take Maya on. We're not getting a whole ton of funding, but maybe one day....I've got a nice fossil collection going, at least." The way Emily mentions it, she doesn't seem fully happy with the extent of her work so far

Don: "I'm the only person taht applied for the internship, and I'm actually in bibliometrics," Maya explains with a shrug

James: Jim frowns at that. "Don't worry. Just don't give up," he told Emily.

Sam: "But the exploration and discovery of science is fun anyway, right?" Emily winks

James: "Exploration is always fun," he grins in return.

Don: "Yay, science," Maya says with an abbreviated cheering with her arms once and shrugs again. "It's 3 credits closer to graduating, too."

Sam: "Well anyway...here, I've gotten a picture of what we'll be looking at," Emily shifts into a more businesslike mode, and grabs a small sheaf of papers. In the picture is a strange, nearly formless shape, fuzzy all around the edges and more solid in the center. It floats a short distance off the ground and doens't seem to have a face, and yet it looks somehow at the camera.

James: "Was there a problem with the camera?" Jim asks as he looks at the photo, turning it a bit.

Sam: "No, these were taken by a different one," Emily lays another few pictures on top. "A young trainer found it out in some of the woodlands. He had it scanned and identified and the strangest thing....the scanner identified it as a pokemon, but it couldn't bring up any data."

James: "That is strange," Jim agrees. "I've honestly never seen anything like it. Well unless you count tabloid hoaxes."

Sam: "Me neither. I mean, normally when a new pokemon is discovered, we can determine something about it...type, some idea of what moves it may have...this just brought up nothing. I was looking at this...aura, for lack of a better word," Emily points out thew ay that it pixelates around the edges. "It seems digital, it could be related to the Porygon line? I don't know of any other digital pokemon."

James: "Perhaps," he nods.

Sam: "The trainer, Kyle, he's been very modest about the whole thing. I don't think it's a hoax...or he'd be looking for more attention, wouldn't he?"

James: "Yeah. You'd think so. Well when he shows up we'll know for sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment